Two Officials Clinics scheduled for March 16th and Officials Meeting scheduled on March 28th. Click here for more info.
How to become a certified official:
1. Become a USATF member ($30 annually or $100 for 4 years);
2. Attend an introductory clinic (usually offered twice a year in New Jersey);
3. Print, complete and bring this form to an officials clinic;
4. Pay a $30 fee - including the certification fee for the Olympiad ($15) and rulebook ($15) at the clinic;
5. After the clinic, complete a take-home open book review of the rules;
6. Email Ed Sabin (email@example.com) your take home review sheet and a digital photo for the database.
2012 Officials Certification Chart
Spreadsheet to record events officiated (you will need to save as xlsx or xls file)
2013-2016 Certification Process
USATF National Officials Committee has established a certification test that must be completed and minimum scores that need to be attained based on each certification level. We have mailed you the test based on your current certification level. Please contact Ed Sabin if you have not received a test or have any questions. Please complete the test and send it to Ed Sabin at firstname.lastname@example.org along with the meets you have officiated in the last two years, recertification form, and fee.
The re-certification process officially begins November 1, 2012. You must be a 2013 USATF member in order to apply for recertification. You may obtain a 2013 membership online at www.USATF.ORG beginning November 1st. The cost is $30 for adults (19 years old or older) or you can save money and the hassle by taking a four year membership for the entire Olympiad for $100.00. Once you have obtained your 2013 membership please fill in the membership number in the recertification application.
More Officials Information from the National Office